When is the ECA?
- May 19, 21, & 22, 2015
What does the ECA look like?
- 54 problems total
- Consists of three sessions over 3 days (Portions with calculator, portions without calculator)
- Each session consists of 27 problems
- 55 minute time limit to complete each session
What is the format?
- Multiple-choice – Answer to the question can be found in one of four answer choices provided.
- Numeric response – Answer to the question is a number response that must be placed in the text box. Only numbers will be allowed, no variables.
- Short answer – Answer to the question is a single expression or equation that must be placed in the text field.
- Extended response – Answer to the question is a graph or a written explanation that must be placed in the space provided. Students should explain their answer in full detail since partial credit may be awarded.
What can I do to prepare?
- Attend Algebra 1 class regularly.
- Come prepared to class.
- Take good notes in class.
- Complete homework assignments.
- Ask questions during class and/or before/after school.
- Study outside of class.
- Practice the 5 Test Samplers provided on this website.
- Be present for ECA testing days!!
- Pray that you will do your very best!!!